El Ángel S.A. established in 1976 in Costa Rica, purchased a farm of the slopes on the Poás Volcano, located in Cinchona, Alajuela.
In 1982, the food processing plant was inaugurated with two products: Milk Caramel Spread (also know as dulce de leche in Spanish) and Guava Jam.
The beginnings were not easy, as the location lacked the basic utilities like potable water, electricity and telephone lines, and good roads.
With a very strong sense of social responsibility, this company started discovering the potential of the region an its people. Today, more than 41 years later, the plant produces 87 products in more than 387 presentations.
El Ángel, has at the moment, four divisions:
- Manufacture of food products
- Dairy – Forestry
Six other companies:
- Distribuidora Panal S.A.
- SEA Servicios Múltiples S.A.
Have need added to what was originally known as El Ángel Agroindustrial Group. Today it represents a source of employment to more than 430 people, of whom 58% live in the rural area and 42% live in the urban areas of Costa Rica.
“To satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers and suppliers in an integrated manner, offering excellent products and service and creating permanent value for our consumers”
“To consolidate El Ángel as a company with an international projection, a leader in its field, with a solid and sustained growth”
The company El Ángel S.A. is dedicated to the elaboration of food products for the industry and the final consumer, through reliable manufacturing processes that guarantee its safety.
Management is committed to the functioning of the integrated management system and remains committed to:
- Promote transparent and timely communication with stakeholders, internal and external.
- Promote the culture of quality and safety in our partners through training, awareness and on the importance and application of good practices related to food safety.
- Comply with safety and quality requirements agreed with customers and other stakeholders, including legal and regulatory requirements.
- Act ethically in our business relations, without giving rise to unlawful acts, following the guidelines of the philosophy of life that characterizes the company.
- Work on the Continuous Improvement of our processes and all the activities carried out by the company in any order, direct and indirect, thus strengthening the Management System.
- Be a part and be committed to respect, care and harmony with the environment and society, promoting sustainable development.
We focus on our work impacting positively on the environment in which we live. We think it is the responsibility of every human being to leave this imprint of social responsibility as a good for humanity
(José Luis Kutscherauer – El Ángel S.A. – January 2009)